Excellent study from the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism on the Tablet Revolution. You can see it here.
This looks like a pretty comprehensive study on how people are using Tablets with a focus on understanding news usage.
- 77% of tablet owners use their tablet every day
- 67% browse the web daily on their tablets
- 54% receive email daily on their tablets
- 53% of Tablet users get news on their tablets every day, and they read long articles as well as headlines
- Other popular daily activities on tablets include 39% use social networking, 30% play games, 17% read books, and 13% watch movies or videos
- 3 in 10 tablet news users say they now spend more time getting news than they did before and that they are turning to new sources.
Even more interesting is that tablet news users now prefer their new devices over traditional computers, print publications or television!